I've had dirt under my fingernails off and on for the past week. We have ne'er-do-well flowerbeds in our backyard that we finally just HAD to do something with this Spring, so we rooted out all of the weeds and the twiggy remains of past attempts to "spruce" them up (a variety of dead blueberry bushes, azaleas, and heather) and bought some new evergreen plans that *hopefully* will have the beds looking nice and green (and NOT from weeds) for the potential home buyers we hope to see parading through our house next year.
And for the first time in the nearly 8 years we've lived in this house I've wished we had a garden. Planning to sell next year puts the halt on that (we need to think "ornamental"!) but I've already told George that we're going to dig up a chunk of our next backyard for a garden when we find ourselves back in a home with a yard. Both Errol and Raia LOVE digging in the dirt, so hopefully they were born with green thumbs. I think it'd be a great learning experience for them as well, to see how plants grow from seed all the way through to harvest.
Here's hoping we get that new house soon!
Stumped
1 week ago

That's great that you will be getting a new place, and a bummer about the garden. I am going to do my first one this year since we *think* we will be here for a while. I can still remember the awesomeness of your parent's garden in CA!
ReplyDelete