16 days and counting.
That's when we embark on our new homeschooling journey. I wrote out my lesson plans for the first week, and it's starting to feel a little less scary, although there's still that little knot of nervousness in the pit of my stomach that always comes with stepping out of a nice, cozy comfort zone. I attended public schools. George attended public schools, for the past 3 years Raia has attended public schools, and I grew up with two public-educators for parents. Public school is all I know! I know all the pro's and con's, the benefits and drawbacks, the successes and the failures. I know what to expect, as do the vast majority of the moms around me, and I have lots of potential advice-givers to turn to if things were to go wrong for my kids in the public school system.
Not so with homeschooling. (at least not so much) I know exactly ONE other homeschooling mom. Nobody in my family has ever homeschooled. There's no history to look back on to see where I can avoid another's mistakes. I'm a trailblazer.
And I'm excited. :)
In other news, Raia is going to be a flower girl, and Errol is going to be a ringbearer in their Aunt Mary's wedding next Summer! When I told this to Raia she got super excited and asked if it meant she was going to get another "special dress" like she did for her Uncle Andon's wedding back in 2008. I said yes, that's what it meant, and she said "And it's going to be WHITE, because that's my favorite color! And I'm going to have pink shoes!" Uh, no. The bride wears white, I told her. "Hmm... then I'm going to wear a PINK dress with pink SPARKELY shoes! And they have to have lots and LOTS of sparkles!"
But enter Aunt Mary, the Fairy Godmother: Raia's flowergirl dress is actually going to be her (custom made) wedding dress, in miniature. And there's going to be a tiara. And a little 7 year old girl on Cloud 9.
And hopefully we'll have better luck getting Errol into a tux this time.
Stumped
1 week ago

Don't worry - you're going to do great! 90% of it is caring about your kids and you've got that part down!
ReplyDelete