Yesturday I took Raia to an old historic theater in our town, where a visiting children's theater company was holding auditions for the play Snow White. Ever since she saw her friend Kendall perform in Sussical the Musical last year Raia has been an aspiring thespian. So far she's had a bit part in our ward's skit for the Stake Road Show, and of course her Jazz recital earlier this month (in which she did awesome!). I thought this production of Snow White would be perfect for her, (and our family) because it's only for one week. Auditions were for 2 hours yesturday, and at the end 60 of the roughly 80 kids who came were assigned a part. Raia was cast as one of the bats who follow the Evil Queen (how else were you going to squeeze 60 kids into a story that only has 11 characters? LOL) She was SO excited and hasn't stopped talking about getting "picked". Of course I prepped her before hand that she might *not* be picked, and of the 8 friends she had at the audition with her, only she and another girl were picked for parts, so she just barely squeaked in. She promised she wouldn't cry if she wasn't picked, but she didn't hide her excited smile when she *was*.
She has rehearsals Wed-Saturday this week, and then the final performance is Saturday evening. I think she's going to have a lot of fun with this, and it will be a fun introduction for her to what real theater is like. She'll have a costume and make up and have to remember when to say her lines (which entails flapping her "wings" and going "Eeeek! Eeeek! Eeeek!")
I had hoped to have a child or two involved in swimming, like I was as a kid, but it seems more like I'm on my way to being a stage mom (but not THAT kind of stage mom ;)
Stumped
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment