Thursday, February 16, 2012

Flash Cards

So I'm chugging away on my AAFA stuff. My feelings alternate between excitement and nervousness, and I have a love/hate relationship with the text book. Lots of really cool fitness information, intermingled with a lot of medical/anatomy jargon that has be going to Google multiple times a chapter to look up the definition of a word(s).

And then there's the flash cards. I'm making them myself to help me study, and if there's one activity that brings out the OCD person lurking within me, it's making flash cards. I expect them to be aesthetically pleasing to the eye. No misspelling, no words cramped along the edge of the page, everything evenly spaced, have to all be written with the SAME pen, etc. etc. etc. I probably have as big a stack of "not good enough" flash cards, as I do "these pass inspection" flash cards.

I don't know why I do this to myself. :op

But life goes on. I'm learning. I'm teaching (still doing that home school thing). I'm still going to my Monday night Belly Dance class. I have a lot of balls in the air. But each ball is a dream (and the Belly Dance one comes with some awesome costumes!), and I'll be getting breaks from juggling some of them shortly (summer break from school/dance, the AAFA test being done in April etc.) I've just got to keep them all in the air for a little while longer, and have as much fun in the process as I can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment