I'm doing great! After (im)patiently waiting for my AFAA results, I finally got them... I GOT 98%!!! Probably the best I've ever done on a test! LOL.
I also did Flirty Girl "Booty Beat" certification ("Booty Beat" is the *dance* fitness arm of Flirty Girl, not to be confused with pole dancing... as I'm finding it often is. :op ). How super fun THAT was! I loved it, and I've loved teaching it weekly (and sometimes twice weekly) to the ladies at my church. (we've been "mutually taking advantage of eachother". I get a room full of guinea pigs, they get a free workout ;)
And now... NOW... I may be taking it to a gym! Two days ago I cold-called a local women's-only gym in my town (not Curves), and asked if they'd be interested in offering Flirty Girl to their clients. They were *very* interested (after I told them it wasn't pole dancing. LOL). I met with the head director and the gym's other instructors yesterday, and the more we talked the more excited we all got. I had come prepared to give them a demo, but they ended up not asking for one. At least not right then. What they're planning to do, it seems, is a "trial by fire". They're going to spring me on their Wednesday Zumba students and see how I do, and how well their clients like the class. Ack! On the one hand I'm amazed that they have that much confidence in me that they'll let me take over an entire class (even if for just one night) "sight unseen", even knowing that I am very much a greenie to this industry. On the other hand, I hope and pray that my confidence can match theirs, and that I can knock those women's socks off with my Flirty Girl skillz that I've been practicing and polishing for the past 3 months. I've been putting off approaching gyms with Flirty Girl until I felt that I could confidently teach a safe, effective, and FUN class. But will my skills prove to be to the level they're looking for? The answer to that question will have to wait until Wednesday, I guess.
How are the kids?
Also doing great. :) We're on "summer break" from home school right now, and this week the kids got their first experience with Day Camp. We signed them up for the first YMCA Day Camp available after Errol turned 6 (which was the minimum age) and they have been having a ball. :) It's been a fun-filled week of swim lessons, fishing, archery, canoeing, tie-dying, and lots and lots of new friends. It's also been a special "mommy and me" week for Patrick. I tried (and failed) to potty-train him the first two days, then gave up when he proved to be *completely* disinterested in the process, and we've spent the last three days going on walks to the park, buying ice cream from the ice cream truck (he had his first ice cream sandwich - a "giant" one - and ate the whole thing!), going swimming at the pool, and today we went to the Portland Children's Museum. (It is SO much easier visiting the PCM with only one kid! LOL) I gave him the option of the PCM or the Oregon zoo, which share the same parking lot (dumb dumb dumb whoever planned that!) but the minute he figured out which direction we were headed in he immediately started chanting "Toys! Toys! Toys!" Forget lions and tigers and bears, he wants a train table and a giant dig pit. :) It was fun getting to spend this special time with him. And I may just sign Raia and Errol up for another week of camp... :op
Stumped
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment