Thursday, June 25, 2009

The sickies... I think?

Patrick threw up for the first time today. He's spit up plenty of times, but this was a stomach emptying explosion. And it happened twice in an hour. The first time I thought it was just because he'd been crying uncontrolably for about two hours, and had likely swallowed a lot of air. I'd tried nursing him, and taking him for a drive, and rocking him, and nothing was calming him down. When he threw up the second time though, I knew it had to be something more, because he hadn't eaten anything since the first time, and also hadn't been crying all that much, just whimpering and half-dozing, with the occasional scream of frustration at not being able to fall asleep. The poor little dude was so miserable. :(

George and I took turns holding him and letting him sleep on our shoulders (the only place he would at least lay his head down and close his eyes instead of crying) while the other took care of the older kids. Dinner tonight was spaghetti. Boil noodles, dump in sauce. I finally got him to go to sleep at about 7:30, after being awake for over 6 hours, and he's been asleep ever since. Hopefully this is just a quick little bug.

1 comment:

  1. Poor thing!

    Wakelee threw up a couple of times (about 3 weeks ago, I think) and was crying a lot, so her pediatrician wanted her to come in - turned out to be an ear infection (she didn't have a fever or anything). I had no idea - and they say babies will grab at their ears if they have ear pain, but she wasn't coordinated enough to do that at the time, anyhow! Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete