Going into week 7 of homeschooling now. Week 6 was rough. I didn't do my usual Sunday-night-prep, and it showed throughout the week. Things just didn't get done in a timely manner and I was a frazzled mess until we got all of a day's work done. Not fun. This Sunday I made SURE I did the requisite prep-work, and what a huge difference! The past two days have been really great in our homeschool. :)
During the hecticness of last week though, I started to wonder if we were really making any progress. I mean ya, chapters were being read, math problems were being solved, sentences were being written, but was it enough? Were we doing enough? So I took a mental stock of all the things I knew Raia now knew that she hadn't known before. It's actually quite a lot.
She can:
* Recite 3 short poems from memory.
* Recite 2 scriptures from memory.
* Tell you what is the definition of a noun, and point one out in a sentence.
* Tell you which nouns are capitalized and which ones aren't.
* Tell you her complete address.
* Tell you what an aunt, cousin, brother, grandparent, etc. are (i.e. what their relationship is to her, such as an aunt being her father or mother's sister)
* Mentally add +1
* Identify "greater than" and "less than" when comparing two numbers, and write the correct symbol between them.
* Skip count by 2's from 0-20
* Tell you what makes a mammal a mammal (fur/hair, babies born alive, mothers nurse their young, etc.)
* Tell you what omnivores, herbivores, and carnivores eat.
* Find Mesopitamia on a map, tell you what the name means ("between two rivers") and name the two rivers (Tigris and Euphrates).
* Tell you a few of the laws from the Code of Hamurabi.
And there's more, but I won't bore you with them all. :op
Best of all though, when strangers or people at church or work see Raia and ask her how she likes school and if she likes her teacher, she says "I love school, and my teacher is really nice!" :)
Stumped
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment