Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Two Callings and an Assignment

I guess I must have "sucker" written across my forehead or something. :op I just got asked to accept an "assignment" in our ward to serve as the "Road Show Specialist". Our Stake is doing a Road Show in January, and I've already helped with writting the script for it, and I guess I was as good as any to peg for the official "director's" roll (which I think sounds more auspicious than "specialist" ;)

This is on top of my two official callings of Activity Day Leader, and fourth Sunday Relief Society teacher. Not heavy duty callings, but they keep me busy. Because this new task is only an "assignment" it means I'm not officially set apart, and I won't need to be "released" at the end, like I would if they were removing me from either of my Callings. I'll just be done and can go on with my regularly schedualed routine.

I'm not too terribly nervous about this assignment. I actually am happy to have been given the reins somewhat, because the script has become my "baby", and I want it to look on stage as good as it looks in my head, or fairly close to it. Not likely to happen, but I'll be in the best strategic position I could possibly be in to make that attempt.

I just hope I can round up some actors from my ward. I'm suspecting it's going to be like pulling teeth, but hopefully not. *knock on wood*

No comments:

Post a Comment