Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Lord Loveth a Repentant Heart (He also has a sense of humour)

So last night a Primary teacher called me and asked if I could sub for her today. I said no, because my toddler was looking sick, and I couldn't guarentee that I would be at church on Sunday. That was party true (I was 98% sure he'd be fine by the next morning). My main reason was that I subbed in Primary for most of December, except for the week when I teach in RS, and I was itching to have a nice, quiet Sunday in Relief Society (which is my favorite meeting of the 3-hour block). I felt a little guilty for refusing this time, but not much.


Until I get to church.

The sister who asked me to sub for her was subbing for the Primary chorister (which was her previous calling), and the chorister was in the hospital. They also still didn't have a sub for the Primary class. I found this out just as I was walking into Relief Society. Obviously I didn't enjoy the meeting very much. I felt very guilty and prayed to Heavenly Father to forgive me for my selfishness, and promised that I would no longer turn down someone asking me to sub. for them unless I had a genuine reason to refuse. (you can probably tell where this is going)

So what should happen the moment Relief Society is over, and before I've even had a chance to walk out the door?

"Sister, could you teach my Primary class next Sunday?"

I won't be Relief Society again next week. ^_^

1 comment:

  1. The only solution would be for you to teach Relief Society more often... thats a win-win!

    ReplyDelete