Friday, February 4, 2011

The night before...

Tomorrow is Road Show. Each congregation in my Stake is putting on its own play, and I'm in charge of the play for mine. I wrote the script. I organized the props (including making a scepter out of a bath louf, feathers, and some ribbon). I "designed" the costumes (togas. not much designing required :op ) Tomorrow morning I assign the parts and reherse our little play with whoever happens to show up at the chapel. I HOPE people will come. The person I'd hoped to make the "star" of our play has already had to back out. I've had nightmares of showing up to an empty building Saturday morning and thus having to cancel our ward's participation in the Road Show. But then again maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing... I'll admit though that my main concern is that our ward's play is going to be lame. Will the other wards have better props? Better scripts? Better punch-lines?

There's a giant refridgerator box in my bedroom, a slightly smaller box in my livingroom, swaths of white fabric and red feather boa's in bags scattered about the place, and "refreshments" (Costco muffins) hidden away from little fingers in our minivan.

George had a well-timed case of brohncitis this week, and took Tues-Thursday off from work. I don't know that it did him much good though, because I put him to work helping me get things ready for the road show, and watching the kids while I ran Road Show-related errands. It was SUCH a blessing.


Somewhere around 8:30pm tomorrow this will all be over. Pleeeeeeeeease let it go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment