What a wonderful Valentine's Day. :) Even if it did include a trip to the dentist, it ended with uber yummy fondue, which made it alllll better (and was very easy to eat with a still-slightly-numb mouth!).
As a family Valentine's gift we got the kids Just Dance Kids, and had them play with it while I got the fondue ready. The game, combined with the 3 balloon bouquets sent from Grandma and Grandpa W, kept them busy and hyper while I heated up the cheese and melted the chocolate. There was fresh baked bread and tortilla chips to dip in the cheese, and homemade (from a box :oP ) angel food cake, graham crackers, marshmellows, and strawberries to dip into the chocolate. It was yuuuuuuummy! I also used my laminator (my twoo wuv) to make personalized place mats for the kids. I printed out "We love [kid's name] because..." on colored cardstock, then laminated it and used dry-erase markers to write reasons why we love each of the kids below their names. I'll be saving these place mats to use whenever I feel the kids could use a reminder of just how special they are.
George and I exchanged cards and fattening chocolates (and I got a bouquet of lillies which smell heavenly!) and did lovey dovey stuff when the kids had their backs turned.
It was a really lovely Valentine's Day. :)
(oh, and the Roadshow is over! it was stressful, hectic, fun, crazy, and stressful. everyone who participated said it was a lot of fun. for me it was just stressful. maybe someday soon I'll blog about how it all went down, but for now I'm still in recovery and relishing in not having to think or worry about Roadshow. :op )
Stumped
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment