3 weeks from the end of our school year, and I'm already getting all sorts of ideas for what I want to do during the Summer, and I doubt even half of them will happen. LOL
My ideas so far:
*Do "nature study" with the kids at the Lake (basically take longer walks and stop to identify the flowers, any turtles we might see, the types of trees, etc. collect pine cones, stuff like that)
*Work with Raia on memorizing her math facts <--- this WILL happen.
*Read BOB books with Errol
*Go running with Raia (she's been asking to come with me everytime I've gone for a run around the lake, but I've always said no because I know she can't go far yet. I hope to help her build some endurance though)
*Sign the kids up for every session of swim lessons we can financially handle. Raia is *so* close to moving up to the next level.
*Continue Raia's language arts studies (reading and handwritting in particular). This may be fairly hit-and-miss, except for the reading.
*Teach the kids some new songs to sing.
*Memorize some short scriptures.
And I know there's more that I just can't think of right now.
It really looks like I don't want to take a summer vacation at all, and just homeschool year round! That may be what it turns into, although maybe just a couple of days a week or so. There's a lot of deep cleaning to be done around the house, so that'll need to take some of my time.
We'll see how the summer break goes. :)
Stumped
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment