Thursday, August 6, 2009

Life

Just a lot of random life going on right now.

Raia loves drawing pictures of our family. She draws one nearly every day. During a cleaning excursion out in the garage in Monday I finally unearthed our door-way jumper, and brought it inside for Patrick to use. Raia's pictures of our family now include Patrick sitting in what appears to be a small basket, with a long line coming up from his head, and "clamps" at the very top (that hold it to the door, which is not in the picture). He looks like a legless alien with a very very long antenae. But he also has a very big smile on his face in the picture. :)

Patrick is getting stronger and stronger by the day. He can sit up for a few seconds unassisted, and can pick his tummy up off the ground, although he hasn't figured out yet how to get his legs under him so he can crawl. He loves rolling around, and loves "jumping" anytime he finds himself upright (which is why I'm so glad we finally found the jumper!)

Errol is potty training this week, and he's been "hit and miss". He's had a few accidents, but about twice as many successes, although he has yet to poop on the potty. He LOVES his Thomas the Train underpants, and he looks so cute in them. He's had a growth-spurt recently, so he's tall and skinny, and with no artificial diaper-butt going on he looks even skinnier!

I've been trying to create a journal writing habit with Raia, by helping her "write" in her journal each night before bed. (i.e. she dictates, and I write it down) I don't write down every word she says (mainly the incoherent ones), and if she notices she'll sometimes say "Mommmmmyyyyyy, write that down!" She loves seeing her words being put down on paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment