Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Something's Fishy

Monday night we took Raia out to dinner for her birthday. We let her pick the restraunt.

"Lobster restraunt!"

Okay... What do you want to eat at the lobster restraunt?

"Fish!"

[Nervous Pondering] Raia's never eaten fish... At least not any of the non-processed kind... And she's only had that kind a couple of times. Where did she get this sudden desire for fish? Hopefully she'll change her mind when we get there.

At the restraunt I asked her again what she wanted:

"Fish!"

I showed her a picture on the menu, which she didn't believe me was actually fish. I asked her if this is what she wanted.

"No, I want fish!"

Oh, dear.

But she wouldn't consider anything else. We ordered the kids' broiled fish and she ordered a bake potato to go on the side (she's also never eaten a baked potato! where is this girl getting her dinner ideas?!)

The food arrives, and it doesn't look all that appetizing to me. I expect at any moment to see Raia starting to cry, or call out for the "fish" she ordered which will turn out to be something completely different, like shrimp or fish crackers or something. But she takes a bite. And she likes it! She ate the whole thing, and even cut it up herself!

I guess talapia will be on our grocery list next week.

And baked potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. Big girl tastes for the birthday girl! Yay for you that you can expand your menus a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tilapia is pretty tasty. I can't get any of my kids within ten feet of a baked potato though...where did they come from? I used to love (and still do) potatoes of all kinds as a kid. Yay for Raia expanding her horizons...and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete