Monday, October 19, 2009

Nephite Socks, and "I'm okay now"

Raia this morning:

Mommy, I can't find my Nephite socks!

Me: Your Nephite socks?

Raia: Ya! I want to wear my Nephite socks like Nephi!

Me: What socks are you talking about?

Raia, incredulous: MY-NE-PHITE-SOCKS! Oh, here they are!

Me: Ooooh, you meant your KNEE-HIGH socks!

Raia: Ya! My Nephite socks! They go all the way up to my knees!

~~~

Yesturday Errol threw a fit when Raia took two of his crackers. The little guy had a whole *plateful* of crackers, but Raia wanted two of them to make a "tiny peanut butter jam sandwhich" so I said she could have two of Errol's. (I should note that Errol wasn't even showing any interest in his crackers at this time, and I didn't think he'd notice that two were missing) He melted. down. End of the world, just shoot me now, dra.ma.

In our house, if you throw a huge fit over something, you get that thing taken away until you calmed down. I told Errol that the crackers were going to be on top of the fridge until he'd stopped screaming.

To help him calm down I sat on the couch with him and held him. After about 5 mintues of solid screaming, he suddenly goes quiet. In a totally calm, but slightly excited voice, he asks:

"Mommy, look! I'm all done screaming now! Can I have my crackers back?"

2 comments:

  1. LOL! That is hilarious!! I can totally relate with the off-switch fits. Juliana starts laughing if she really WANTS to be crying or throwing a fit. It's a forced laugh and it's kinda funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenamarie, it's Elphaba from lds.net. I followed your link to your blog. Your daughter's "Nephite Socks" story was adorable.

    Your stories about your family are wonderful. They are vvery lucky to have you for a mom.

    Take care. Elphaba

    ReplyDelete