So our house is a
disaster. We’re painting the living room and kitchen, and I am so anxious to
get it done and have my house restored to semi-order! I cannot believe how much
STUFF we have! Boxes and boxes of it, just from the kitchen and living room. It
makes me wonder where on earth it all came from, and how did we manage to hide
it so well in our tiny house??
The color we picked is
*gorgeous* though, and makes me wish we’d repainted sooner! We’re not going to
be able to enjoy the new color for very long. The color is called “bagel”, and
it’s a warm yellow color. It looks gorgeous on our walls, and it makes our old
beige color look so drab in comparison. It really changes the feel of the whole
house. J
We’ve been recruiting
help from church with the painting. Yesterday we had the Elders (you know, the
guys with the white shirts and name tags riding around in bikes?) come over and
help for a bit. We bribed them with doughnuts. We’ll hopefully have a bit more
help this week too, from other sources.
I’m debating whether to
cancel school for the week while our house is in this state. Right now the only
available flat surface on which to do school is our bed! And there’s so much
organizing and packing to do. I may try it for a day or two to see how it goes,
doing school in the early morning, and using the rest of the day to do whatever
else needs to be done. If we start at 7:30 we can be done by 10. This will be
made easier by the fact that Patrick rides the bus to preschool now (finally
qualified for an IEP for his speech. He still speaks in a lot of jargon, and
doesn’t make “m” “b” or “t” sounds much at all). Because of that I could get
the kids started on their school work while they’re still in their PJ’s eating
breakfast. Bwhahahaha.
My kids are going to love
me this week. ;)

And forgive me for the crazy highlighting! I can't figure out how to fix it.
ReplyDeleteI wish we were there to help! So did you know we are coming home for Thanksgiving too? Camilla is soooo excited to see her cousins! Good luck with everything you are doing. You are superwoman. :)
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, superwoman I am not! I'm chicken-with-its-head-cut-off woman. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe're excited too. :) How long are you staying for?
Raia saw your pumpkin patch picture yesterday and said "I can't wait to see Naomi for real!" LOL