Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Falling in love with BOB.

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I'm in love with BOB! BOB books! ;) I ordered the first three sets from Amazon last week, and they arrived yesturday. Raia has already read through the first three books of the first twelve-book set. She read through the first one in just under five minutes! She was SO ready to be reading! Admittedly they're very short, simple books, but being able to read an entire book on her very first try got Raia really excited about learning to read. She loves her BOB books!

This is how the first one goes:
Mat.
Mat sat.
Sam.
Sam sat.
Mat sat. Sam sat.
Mat sat on Sam.
Sam sat on Mat.
Mat sat. Sam sat.
The End

Very, very simple story, but the pictures are adorable, and the simple sentences didn't indimidate my little fledging reader. She gave me a high-5 every time she finished one. :)

I'm glad that I found a fun way to practice reading skills with her. I wasn't going to sweat trying to teach my kids to read before Kindergarten (mainly because I didn't have a clue how to go about it), but she's been picking up words from television shows (Word World) and writting them down and reading them to me, so I thought she might be ready for the challenge, and someone suggested these books to me. Boy was she ready! I'm excited to start building a love for reading in her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment