I'd like you all to meet "Darbie", Raia's ballarina Barbie doll that she got for Christmas from Grandma and Grandpa last year. Unhappy with her usual pink ballarina regalia, she commissioned my daughter to make her a new gown. This is what Raia's creative mind came up with:
Some close-ups:
Now what, you may ask, where the materials used in her design? Well ladies and gentlemen, here we have a genuine fleece diaper-liner floor length gown, with band-aid accents. The fleece has a subtle pattern of pastel baby feet and the band-aids are antibiotic to ward off toddler germs.
Oh how I wish I could have been inside Raia's head when she decided to make this! What went through her head when she made the mental leap of fleece diaper liner = dress for "Darbie!" and band-aids = adhesive = a way to keep the fleece dress on!

Very creative. Lovin the band-aid accents. When do her designs hit the stores?
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! I especially love that it was custome hemmed for Darbie. A girl hates to trip on her gown!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSo adorable!
ReplyDeleteI remember when my girls went through this faze. Enjoy it while you can!
ReplyDelete