Thursday, April 23, 2009

Growing like the weeds in our front yard.

Patrick is packing it on! He had his 2 month appointment yesturday, and he's put on another two pounds in the past month! He's now almost halfway to doubling his birthweight! (a goal Dr.'s want to see babies reach by 6 months). His head has gained another few centimeters in diameter, which bodes well for his brain development. The only thing that tapered off in the past month is his height, but I think that measurement was a wee bit off. I didn't really like the way the nurse took it.

The Dr. looked at his dry skin and gave me some recommendations for lotions, and some hydrocordisone to put on the really bad, crusty spots (his brow and behind his ears) and baby oil for his cradle cap. I gave him a sponge bath this morning with plain warm water, then lubed him up. He didn't like the lotion, but did like it when I rubbed the baby oil on his scalp.

He also got three shots, and an oral vaccination. He didn't like the oral one at. all. He made the ugliest, scrunched up, bright red face when the nurse gave it to him. He was a trooper for the shots though. Cried for a few minutes, then settled down once he was back in the sling.

Raia went on her first off-campus field trip yesturday. The school bus drove her to the county fair grounds, where her teachers and other schoolmates were, and they got to watch one of the teacher's daughters ride her horse around the arena. They've been studying cowboys and cowgirls at school for the past two weeks, and this was part of that unit. Raia came home talking about horses, and with a picture she drew when she got back to her classroom. They had the students draw what they'd seen at the arena, and the teach wrote down what the students said about it. Raia's picture was of a (abstract) horse and a heart shape that is apparently a bird. At the top is written what she said: "Today I saw three horses and I saw a bird." This is the second such picture she's brought home. The first one that was sent home last month was of a spider (they were studying bugs). Above the spider (a circle with 8 lines and a smiling face) was written: "I drew a spider. I don't have a spider. They walk on the ground." I thought it was too cute, so it's up on our fridge. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment