I'm not exactly new to blogging, but new to Blog Spot. I always envied my friends' blogspot blogs, because they looked so much better than my xanga one, so here I am!
A family introduction:
Jenamarie:

27 year old wife and SAHM. Hobbies include reading, cooking, exercizing, and thrift store shopping. I was born and raised in Northern California, moved briefly to Utah for college, where I met George. We were married in the Oakland, CA Temple May 10th, 2002 and immediately packed up and moved to Washington afterwards. We've been here ever since.
George:

32 (almost 33) year old BioMedical Technician (i.e. medical equipment repair guy), about to finish up his second-to-last semester of his BioMed Bachelors degree. (when he first started we didn't have kids yet! we are soooo excited that he's almost done!) He was born and raised in Ontario, Canada, and moved to the States with his family shortly after returning home from his Mission. He served in the US Army for 3 years in Active Duty, and 3 years in the Reserves. This is where he gained his BioMed training which is now his career.
Raia:

4 1/2 year old princess. Currently in PreSchool, just enrolled into Kindergarten for the Fall. She loves playing dress up, riding her bike, and drawing pictures of her family, dinosaurs, and fairies. She's very independent (or tries to be) and is the "rule enforcer", although she has a hard time following them herself.
Errol:

2 1/2 year old dirt magnet. He loves trains, planes, and automobiles, and getting dirty in his sand box and in the empty flowerbed in our backyard. He also loves giving kisses and hugs, and will jump on you the moment you sit down. He lost his two front teeth last year due to cavaties developing too close to the pulp of the tooth. They won't do fillings on those types of cavities on small children (too high a risk of infection, was the reason we were given), so out they had to go. He doesn't seem to mind it, and it's fun hearing him whistle when he talks.
Patrick:

2 month old momma's boy. He loves being swaddled, and has a love/hate relationship with his binkie. Sometimes he can't sleep without it, othertimes he makes an angry face when we try to give it to him to calm him down. He's cloth diapered like his other siblings were/are (Errol isn't potty trained yet) and has the cuttest little fluffy butt. He's just starting to really smile and we're hoping to hear some laughs soon.
And that's our family in a nutshell. :)

Hi Jenamarie! I saw on Facebook that you moved blogs, so here I am! :) I'll follow this one just as I did the other one, though I'm _really_ bad at making comments. I like how you write though, so I always enjoy reading your posts!
ReplyDelete/Henriettae
Welcome to Blogspot! I am excited to be able to keep up with your family better!
ReplyDeleteYay! I added you to my blog roll so I can keep up now :)
ReplyDelete... never read about Errol and his teeth... what caused the cavities? I havne't done flouride with Laura because I've heard so many stories about it staining the teeth... but the past couple weeks, I've kinda been on the fence about whether or not to start it or not...
It was a lot of things. Preventable things too, which makes it doubly suck that he had to lose them. :( Not brushing enough, and nursing him at night played a large part. The milk sat behind his teeth all night, and ate into them.
ReplyDeleteThe flouride is a problem if Laura swallows too much of it. The dentists I've talked to say wait until the child is old enough to spit to give them flouride tooth paste, and then still only a little bit of it on the brush. There's supplements you can give to babies, but you'd want to talk to your dentist about how much is recommended for babies her age.